My Trip Journal January, 23th 2017



January, 23th 2017
Teaching Assisst
Today was my first day assisting the teacher of Phrachaiban School, especially Kru Max who teach in Anuban (Kindergarten)1/3. She was my mentor, and her assistant (Kru Mew) was my co mentor. Today I came early in the morning at 7.10, but Kru Mew and some students had been in the class. Some of them watching rittatoon. At 7.30, they took the boxes of story book and start read it. Kru Max ask me to read them a book, and I read them a story about a miser and his golden which stolen by his workers. It’s a little hard since I read it in English and the kids doesn’t understand what I mean. Luckily, Kru Max was sit beside me and she was the one who explained my story to the kids.

Watching Video

Reading Books

At 08.00 the kids start walk down the stairs to school yard, a ceremony will be start soon. I’m helping the teachers to organize them into a line. Since I (once again) couldn’t speak in Thai, I use a movement to make them understand what I mean.

At 09.00 the kids back to the class. Made a line whie sitting and drank their morning milk. Kru Max asking me if I wanna try the milk but I refuse it because of I can’t drank any milk (I didn’t like milk at all). The first activities was song and movement, they sang some songs (Thai kids song) after that the teacher start explaining the learning material (a story about insects especially butterfly). The kids following the teacher actively.

The second activity was doing a kids worksheet. The kids found some difficulties while did the task. I made a little group and seat in the floor to help them. They start asking me some questions so I start to help them. Most of them could understand what I mean, and if they had other difficulties about my explanations, the other student will explain it for me (I use some body language and alphabhet to explain them).



Chakua and his worksheet

Kids who sit in the table
Today, before we downstair to had lunch. Kru Max ask me whether I want to give them an English song. So I teach them a song “Up and Down”. They were so excited about the song and sing it the whole day. After having lunch, the children could play freely. I’m a bit sad because of there were just 2 outdoor playtools in the Phrachapiban. It seems like the kids seldom use it because of the environment around the toy was dirty of fallen leaves. I couldn’t help but shock (In Indonesia we use to supply many outdoor toy so children can play freely in the otside of classroom).
What I Mean

After free play, the kids prepared them selves to took a nap. The kids left the school at about 15.30. some of the kids who still wait for someone who pick them up playing jigsaw together with me and Kru Max. It’s a long day but I’m happy to met them.

Komentar

Postingan Populer