My Trip Journal February, 1th 2017



February, 1th 2017
Teaching Evaluation

Today was my evaluation for teaching practice, Ajarn Pookpik told me last night that she will visit me at 08.30 but it seems like She came a bit late. I’ve been told my mentors that today was the time they should evaluating my teaching practice with my supervisor so I gave them the evaluation form last day. I’ve been preparing my media from last week but suddenly this morning something was came into my mind, yesterday the children was a bit confuse to differentiate between butterfly and dragonfly. So today I plan to bring a paper butterfly. So when I woke up in the morning I made a paper butterfly in rush.

I didn’t know why, but today I feel so relax eventhough I will be evaluating. So I just simply preparing the tools and material that I need right after arrived at school. But I almost forgot to prepare the video about the life cycle of dragonfly that it took some times. I help the teacher to prepare the students to go to the ceremony. Actually today Teacher Susane (An English Teacher from Filipine) was the one who teach them but because of my evaluation she gave me her time and even help me to manage the class.


 I already the lesson when Ajarn Pookpik arrived. I greet her and continuing my lesson. I explain to the kids about the life cycle of dragonfly by using my media but It seems like the children couldn’t understand so I play a video about it. After that I compare my video and my media. And this method turn well. I ask them to sing dragonfly song together when they got bored as well.

There was a little accident when I teach, a puppy (the owner was the assistant of school director). Run into my class. The kids start screaming happily and try to catch him, but I couldn’t help myself to not screaming because of scared of the dog. Luckily, my co mentor catch the puppy right away and back it to the owner. My class being chaos because of some kids want to deliver the puppy. So my mentor and Teacher Susan help me to manage the class. 

Confirm the Understanding


Watching a Video about Dragonfly

My media

After the class being condusive again, I start to play another video. It’s a video about dragonfly in detail (kinda look like national geographic). The kids seems like interesting in the video. They kept asking some questions and gave their opinion.
I’m relieved today was run well. In the end of lesson, Ajarn Pookpik told her opinion about my teaching practice and she said “It was good!”. I’m so happy to hear that. Hope I can do better for the next day and so on.

And today is my first time tasting Somtam, the popular Papaya Salad. It’s so delicious!

Komentar

Postingan Populer